CLEAR, AMS Honeycomb FORK Guards are specially designed to protect mtb forks from impacts, scratches and cable rubbing. It's made of an exclusive, super easy to install, honeycomb adhesive pvc, the same as AMS' successful frame guards. Since it's in CLEAR, transparent color, it won't cover the graphics of your cool fork.
AMS honeycomb Fork Guards are very easy and straightforward to install. They have been designed to cover (without the need of trimming) most XC, Trail, All Mountain, Enduro and even DH forks.
Follow these instructions for PRO finish and durability.
- Clean the fork legs from dust, mud and debris as well as from rest of oils, or silicones, using alcohol or similar. Use only alcohol or alcohol derivatives. Do not use supermarket cleaners, as they have silicones that are the worst enemy of adhesives.
- Cut the adhesive backing in two for easier manipulation. You can use the small, rectangular part to decorate arch of your fork, or to use as cable rube protection anywhere.
- Before applying, check exactly where you'd want the Fork Guard to be applied. We made two small V marks at the top and bottom of the AMS Fork Guard, to help you align it horizontally.
- Apply the center of the Fork Guard from top to bottom, rubbing with your hand gently. While the glue is still fresh, you can reposition it if you placed it badly the first time. Be careful not touching the adhesive side with dirty hands.
- Apply pressure evenly around all the surface, from center to the sides to help for a better adhesion
- Let it bond for some hours, and go use it!!!
- Install in a warm area. Avoid installing at temperatures below 12ºC/53 F.
- We use a strong automotive-grade adhesive, so for removal, we recommend using a hairdryer or heatgun to soften the adhesive and PVC and to facilitate the operation.
Please note, manufacturer warranty may not cover damage to the finish of your product from the application or removal of protective coverings/stickers or adhesive backed sheets. Please contact the product manufacturer for more information.
Reviews / Q&A