Increase the efficiency of your Shimano 12-speed drivetrain with an Absolute Black Shimano XTR M9100 Oval Chainring.
Compatible with: Shimano XTR M9100 , M9120, M9130, XT M8100, M8120, M8130 , SLX M7100, M7120, M7130, Deore M6100, M6120, M6130 & FC-MT900 cranksets.
Works ONLY with Hyperglide+ 12 speed chains (CN-M9100, 8100, 7100 & 6100)
Why Absolute BLACK oval chainrings work:
Their Oval chainrings work because a rider does not produce power evenly through a pedal stroke; they maximize the part of the stroke where power is produced and minimize resistance where it isn't. Oval rings make the spin cycle a lot smoother and are easier on legs while climbing. Believe it (or not), but a round chainring doesn't transfer torque to your rear wheel as smoothly as an Oval one. You will actually feel your stroke to be more "round" with an Oval shape than with a round chainring.
Why it Matters
Traction, Traction and Traction. With oval rings rear tire traction improves greatly on loose and slippery terrain. Smoother power delivery to your rear wheel means that you will be able to maintain better, constant cadence; get less stress on the joints (knees) and therefore be able to keep certain level of effort for longer. This results in higher average speed. Moreover, 11 studies made by various Universities in the World show that using oval chainrings human legs utilize more muscle groups (compared to round one), but each of them to lesser degree. Load from pedaling an oval chainring is spread over greater muscle mass which in effect gives you the feeling of fresher and more relaxed legs. It is world's finest RaceFace cinch oval chainring backed by tens of thousands of customers.
What size should I choose?
- 26T Oval chainring has the ovality of 24/28T and is best for someone who uses currently 26T round ring. (Fatbikes!)
- 28T Oval chainring has an ovality of 26/30T and is best for someone who uses currently 27 or 28T round ring.
- 30T Oval chainring has the ovality of 28/32T and is best for someone who uses currently 29 or 30T round ring.
- 32T oval ring will suit best someone who uses 31 or 32T chainring currently. While pedaling, you will feel quite similar effort to the one riding round 31T ring (as the smallest diameter of the oval is 30T), but you will gain the speed similar to riding 33/34T chainring.
- 34T Oval chainring has an ovality of 32/36T and is best for someone who uses currently 33 or 34T round ring.
Reviews / Q&A