1 in stock
The Phantom is a short travel 29er with attitude. While it may be short travel at 105mm, it's no XC weenie. When Banshee set out to build this bike, they didn't base their decisions off the amount of travel it was going to have. Instead, the designed the bike with their main priorities in mind, and the suspension travel naturally followed. The riders at Banshee wanted a FAST, quick-accelerating bike that pedals well, but is also confidence-inspiring on the descent. 29" wheels were a natural choice for a bike of this nature, as they offer the best climbing performance and generally roll the quickest out of all the wheel options out there. Once the frame was designed with these priorities, the 105mm travel naturally fell into place.
Comparing against most other 105mm cross country bikes out there, the Phantom is going to be much more aggressive. You will not suffer from a twitchy, steep head angle, or a frame that has been nipped/tucked to pinch every last gram. Most bikes in this travel range have a significantly steeper head angle, and are designed solely to get you up the hill as quickly as possible. Problem is, when you point it down the hill, that steep head angle is no longer your friend, and the bike will not inspire confidence you desire to push your limits. The Phantom is designed to do away with the convention that short travel means it is only capable of being an XC bike. It is intended to be ridden hard and fast while providing the rider with phenomenal trail feedback and sensation of speed.
Banshee realizes that everyone's riding preferences vary, as do bike setups. For this reason, Banshee has equipped the Phantom with the same adjustable dropout system found on the Rune and Spitfire. These dropouts offer three positions, each of which adjust head angle, seat angle, BB height, and chainstay length. These settings are referred to Low, Neutral, and High. In the low setting, the head angle sits at 67.5°. The chainstay will be at it's longest in this setting, and the BB height will be as low as possible at 13.2”. Low, slack, and long translates to ultimate stability and confidence at high speeds. If you're out there tackling the steepest, rockiest, nastiest stuff you can find, you'll probably find this setting to suit your liking. Flip the dropouts to the opposite extreme, and you'll find the Phantom to be more comfortable on climbing-intensive rides where a slack head angle is not needed. Head angle is steepened to 68.5°, BB height raised to 13.7”, and chainstay shortened to 17.3”. Naturally, the neutral setting will set the bike right in between – optimal for the rider that doesn't want one extreme or the other.
The Phantom offers up a special combination of aggressive adjustable geometry, excellent frame stiffness, as well as Banshee's patented KS-Link suspension platform. These traits come together to provide a bike that inspires you to ride outside the standard limitations you'd normally encounter on a 4" travel XC bike. It is truly a new genre of bike, defined by it's own unique standard: making you faster and more confident.
The Phantom comes stocked with a Rock Shox Monarch RT3 rear shock. As with all Banshee bikes, the Phantom is backed by a two-year limited warranty, and lifetime crash replacement policy.
- Wheel Size: 29"
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Rear Shock: Rock Shox Monarch RT3
- Rear Susp. Travel: 105mm
- Rear Shock Size: 184mm x 44mm (7.25" x 1.75")
- Rear Shock Hardware Size: Front 8x25.4mm / Rear 8x40mm
- Rear Axle Standard: 12x142mm
- Fork: Rock Shox Pike RC 130mm
- Fork Axle: 15x100mm
- Headset: Banshee
- Headset Standard: ZS44/ZS56mm
- Wheelset: Easton Arc 27 rims w/ Novatec D881SB-15, D882SB-AA hubs
- Tires: Maxxis High Roller II 3C MaxxTerra 2.3"
- Crankset: Race Face Turbine 175mm w/ 30T NW Chainring
- Chainguide: N/A
- ISCG Tabs: I-'05
- Bottom Bracket: Race Face X-Type
- BB Standard: 73mm
- Chain: SRAM
- Front Der.: N/A
- Front Der. Mount: S3
- Rear Der.: SRAM GX
- Cassette: SRAM GX 11-speed
- Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb 125mm
- Seatpost Dia.: 30.9mm
- Seat Clamp: Banshee
- Seat Clamp Dia: 34.9mm
- Seat: SDG
- Shifters: SRAM GX
- Handlebar: Race Face Atlas 785mm/10mm rise
- Stem: Race Face Turbine 50mm
- Grips: Race Face Half Nelson
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RS w/ 180-160mm Centerline rotors
- Pedals: N/A
- Intended Use: XC/Trail/All Mountain
- Warranty: 2 years
- KS-link suspension optimised for aggressive trail style riding
- Option of running stealth dropper posts, as well as having guides for non stealth posts
- Internal ribbed stays increase stiffness for railing berms and holding lines through the roughest of trail sections, as well as increasing pedal efficiency
- Uses SRAM S3 low direct mount system
- Slack angles paired with frame anti-squat keeps speed going down and the front end planted on steep climbs
- INA Bearing pivots - Fully sealed high quality bearings throughout