Insurgent V3 Frame
Born out of the smoldering ashes of mountain biking’s past, the Insurgent carved out a reputation for cleaning technical sufferfest climbs and still leaving riders with the energy to get slideways on the way down. It was expected it to be successful. What everyone didn’t know was how this 27.5”er would quickly become the de-facto bike for a fun focused faction of riders.
With more travel, 168mm versus 150mm on the Insurgent v1, the new Insurgent celebrates the long send. It’s an on-command jump, drift, manual, pop, trail mulching machine. This is a bike built for the shits and giggles that happen when one isn’t timed or judged. The Insurgent doesn’t try to win enduro tracks. It shreds them.
The Insurgent is compatible with both full 27.5” and a mixed wheel 29”/27.5” setup. Small wheels for the park, jumps, whips, and berms, or mixed (MX) for increased front wheel traction, steeper lines, heavy slabs and chunder crushing. 27.5” never died. It just quit caring what people think. Enter the Insurgent.
- Climb friendly geometry makes for an upright position and longer reach.
- Super boost spacing is stiffer in all the right places with the added benefit of increased tire clearance.
- Wheelie short chain stays means wheelies for days and manuals for months.
- Wider main pivot and larger hardware increases stiffness and strength.
- Sound mounds help to stop the cringe-inducing chain slap
- Direct injection chain guide helps the chain stay in line and it also has built-in silencing rubber to keep it quiet on the trail
- Compatible with both full 27.5” and a mixed wheel 29”/27.5” setup
|Wheel Size:||27.5", Mixed: 29" front/27.5" rear|
|Front Suspension Travel:||Single Crown: 170mm 29” and 180mm 27.5”, 44mm offset
Dual Crown: 190mm 29" and 200mm 27.5"
|Rear Suspension Travel:||168mm|
|Rear Shock:||RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate
Installed Springs: SM - 350lb / MD - 350lb / LG - 400lb / XL - 400lb
|Rear Shock Size:||205mm x 65mm|
|Rear Shock Hardware:||Trunnion Top, 20x8mm Bottom|
|Rear Axle Width:||12x157mm Super Boost|
|Included Headset:||Works Components 1° Integrated Angle Headset|
|BB Standard:||73mm BSA|
|ISCG Tabs:||ISCG '05 2-Bolt|
|Brake Mount Type:||Post-Mount 180mm|
|Max Rear Rotor Size:||203mm|
|Minimum Chainring Size:||30T|
|Maximum Chainring Size:||36T|
|Maximum Tire Size:||27.5 x 2.6|
|Seat Post Diameter:||30.9mm|
|Seat Clamp Diameter:||34.9mm|
|Water Bottle Cage Mounts:||One|
Specs subject to change without notice. Please check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date information.
mm / inches
27.5 - Low with 180mm fork
29/27.5 - Low with 170mm fork
cm / ft
|Rider Height (cm)||160 - 165||167 - 175||178 - 185||188 - 213|