6 in stock
The SixC crankset has been completely redesigned from the ground-up, basing much of it's design on the cross-country oriented Next SL. Raceface has switched to a spiderless design, meaning the chainring is no longer attached via four chainring bolts - it is now secured directly to the 30mm spindle using a splined interface. Not only does this reduce weight by removing the spider, it also makes this crankset compatible with just about any charinring configuration on the planet. Given the slew of drivetrains available these days, this is a huge benefit. The 1X crankset comes stock with Raceface's Narrow-Wide chainring, machined to fit the profile of SRAM's 11-speed chains. Not to worry though, if you don't have a SRAM 11-speed drivetrain, the Narrow-Wide profile will still accommodate 9 and 10-speed chains. This unique design accomplishes the same task as SRAM's XX1 and X01 chainrings: keeping your chain safely in place and reducing the risk of dropped chains.
Since the SixC is now sporting a 30mm spindle, it does require a new standard of bottom bracket. Please note, the bottom bracket is sold separately!
- Crankarm Material: Carbon
- Spindle Material: Aluminum
- Spindle Diameter: 30mm
- BB Included: No
- Compatible Gearing: 1x9/10/11-speed
- Chainring Mount: Direct Mount
- Intended Use: AM/DH
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- The crank arms are completely hollow with all unnecessary material being removed from the center core - no internal aluminum spine
- Industry standard 30mm spline interface CNC machined from a newly commercialized aluminum super alloy that is 20% stronger than 7050 alloy (the alloy commonly used in this application)
- Removable spider offers the ability to convert between existing chainring standards while remaining flexible to future developments
- The interchangeable spindle option of the Cinch system allows you to use the same crankset with 68/73mm and 83mm frames