Introducing the lightest production carbon crankset on the planet. Proudly designed, tested and manufactured in Raceface's Canadian facility with US sourced carbon and aluminum. NEXT SL combines proven Race Face proprietary hollow arm technology with new ‘Cinch’ interface. Imagine interchangeable spiders, limitless ring combinations, a 30mm alloy spindle and compatibility across all relevant frame standards. Quite possibly the most versatile crankset you will ever own.
The Next SL Crankset has been completely redesigned from the ground-up for 2014. Raceface has switched to a spiderless design, meaning the chainring is no longer attached via four chainring bolts - it is now secured directly to the 30mm spindle using a splined interface. Not only does this reduce weight by removing the spider, it also makes this crankset compatible with just about any charinring configuration on the planet. Given the slew of drivetrains available these days, this is a huge benefit. The 1X crankset comes stock with Raceface's Narrow-Wide chainring, machined to fit the profile of SRAM's 11-speed chains. Not to worry though, if you don't have a SRAM 11-speed drivetrain, the Narrow-Wide profile will still accommodate 9 and 10-speed chains. This unique design accomplishes the same task as SRAM's XX1 and X01 chainrings: keeping your chain safely in place and reducing the risk of dropped chains. In fact, we've found that with the Narrow-Wide chainring and a clutch-style rear derailleur, chainguides are no longer needed, and are quickly becoming a thing of the past on trail bikes.
If you're not ready to make the switch to a 1X drivetrain, Raceface has got you covered. They are offering 104 BCD 3X and 120 BCD 2X spider add-ons that attach to the spline interface, allowing you to fit Raceface's Turbine chainring sets, available in 3x10 and 2x10 configurations. We do also offer the Next SL Crankset in complete 2x10 and 3x10 configurations to save you the work of finding all these separate parts. See related items for options.
Since the Next SL is now sporting a 30mm spindle, it does require a new standard of bottom bracket. Raceface has several options available for 68/73mm threaded BB shells, PressFit 30, and BB92. This covers most of the major frame standards.
- The crank arms are completely hollow with all unnecessary material being removed from the center core - no internal aluminum spine
- Industry standard 30mm spline interface CNC machined using a newly commercialized aluminum super alloy only available in North America
- Removable spider offers the ability to convert between existing chainring standards while remaining flexible to future developments
- Weight: 425 grams with 28T ring
- Includes chainring of your choice - Raceface Narrow-Wide Chainring
- BB Options: 67/73mm Threaded, BB92, BB30, PF30 (bottom brackets sold separately)