RockShox ZEB Ultimate 29" 44mm Offset - 2021
The RockShox ZEB Ultimate is a whole new breed of fork, designed to challenge the limits and take on the world’s toughest Enduro tracks. Going Ultimate has its advantages, featuring an all-new stiff 38mm chassis designed with the Charger 2.1 damper, DebonAir™ air spring technology, SKF Wiper Seals, and Maxima Plush Fluid. RockShox's highest performing, athlete-proven technologies matched with premium style plays. An anodized crown and ZEB’s signature color – Slab Grey – make a rocking debut.
Riders of any size benefit from the extra strength to send it, without needing the extra hours in the gym. It all comes down to a critical balance between stiffness and weight (something RockShox engineers love to obsess over). ZEB’s robust 38mm chassis delivers the perfect blend. Increased sensitivity, greater steering precision, and the ability to go faster, corner harder, and stay in control. ZEB crosses the line in a stiffness category of its own.
So, what do numbers prove? It was never about building the stiffest fork possible. Based on rider feedback, RockShox focused in on increasing torsional stiffness. Why? As testing revealed, increasing the torsional stiffness made a noticeable difference in the performance and how the fork would hold a line with better control. A noticeable and direct rider benefit for those looking to go faster with more precision in rough terrain.
Torsional Stiffness = 21.5% Stiffer
Side Bending Stiffness = 7% Stiffer
Fore/Aft Bending Stiffness = 2% Stiffer
Pikes Peak, towering 8,000 feet above the RockShox global design center in Colorado Springs, CO, is the highest summit in the southern Front Range of North America’s Rocky Mountains. The ultra-prominent 14,115-foot fourteener was first attempted by the iconic American explorer, Zebulon Pike, back in 1806. He set out to conquer the great peak’s razor-sharp shale walls, bonecrushing boulders, and extreme climate. Taking no shortage of inspiration from their backyard, Zebulon was born (shortened to ZEB). Built to withstand everything the 7,960-foot singletrack descent of Pikes Peak is known for – death grip speeds, relentless rock gardens, raw corners, steep chutes, and one heck of a good time.
Star nut included
- New 38mm chassis for increased stiffness and rider confidence
- Highly-tunable DebonAir™ air spring offers a buttery smooth feel off the top and maintains a higher ride height for increased confidence in steep terrain
- Charger 2.1 RC2 damper features independent high and low speed compression with rebound adjustment – designed to reduce hand fatigue and fight unwanted friction, the Charger 2.1 damper increases confidence and control over every trail
- Ultra-low friction SKF wiper seals provide long-lasting fork performance and improve overall suspension feel
- Maxima Plush damping fluid reduces friction and silences damper noise
- Short fender compatible (RockShox fender sold separately)
|Travel:||160mm, 170mm, 180mm, 190mm|
|Travel Adjust:||Internally Adjustable (requires additional parts)|
|Axle Configuraton:||15x110mm Boost|
|Disc Mount:||Post Mount 200mm|
|Min. Rotor Size:||200mm|
|Max. Rotor Size:||220mm|
|Steertube Diameter:||1.125" - 1.5" Tapered|
|Intended Use:||AM / Enduro / Freeride|
Specs subject to change without notice. Please check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date information.
Reviews / Q&A