The Hightower has the versatility to deal with whatever appears on the horizon. Running either proven 29" wheels or the new monster-truck 27.5”+ standard, Hightower seamlessly adapts to the trails and style you ride, no matter where you are in the world.
So the big question, 27.5+ or 29?
If straight line speed, rallying through rock gardens and sprinting out of turns is your bag, then 29” wheels are the big ticket. Upgrade to carbon rims and you have a precision instrument on your hands.
When conditions get loose and the traction just ain’t there, you’ll want to reach for bigger tires. 27.5+ elevates Hightower to a whole different level, enabling you to rise above the pow, rail the soft spots and carry momentum where standard tires bog down.
No matter what size you run, geometry remains optimized thanks to a neat little “High/Low” setting on the upper link that flips to adjust bottom bracket height*. Hightower’s 67° head angle, longer reach and trim chain stays combine to create an altogether different class of dreadnought in any configuration. Meanwhile, 150mm of seat dropper, a water bottle mount, and internal routing reflect an armada of killer details.
135mm of VPP travel is reinforced by a 148 rear axle spacing and the kind of Nomad-style linkage arrangement and swingarm design we reserve for the heaviest hitters in our model line up. The resulting package leaves Hightower standing head and shoulders above anything else out there.
This CC-level carbon frame is every bit as stiff and strong as the C-level frame, but weighs about 230 grams less, due to the use of some lighter, stronger, and more expensive carbon fiber. Using this material in key places allowed us to use less material overall, which is what shaves off half a pound from the frame.
Santa Cruz bike frames are backed by a lifetime warranty if the product is determined to be defective. The warranty applies only to the registered owner of the frame (you must register the frame on the Santa Cruz website).
- Wheel Size: 29"
- Frame Material: Carbon CC
- Rear Shock: Fox Float Performance Elite DPS
- Rear Susp. Travel: 135mm
- Rear Shock Size: 200mm x 51mm (7.87" x 2")
- Rear Axle Standard: 12x148mm
- Fork: Fox 34 Float Performance Elite 140mm
- Fork Axle: 15x110mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40
- Headset Standard: IS41/ IS52
- Wheelset: Race Face ARC 27 rims / DT Swiss 350 hubs
- Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF 3C EXO TR 2.3" front / Minion DHR II EXO TR 2.3" rear
- Crankset: SRAM X1 Eagle with 30T chainring
- Chainguide: N/A
- ISCG Tabs: I-'05
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP Team
- BB Standard: Threaded
- Chain: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Front Der.: N/A
- Front Der. Mount: N/A
- Rear Der.: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Cassette: SRAM XG1295 10-50T
- Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb Stealth 1X
- Seatpost Dia.: 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp: Santa Cruz
- Seat Clamp Dia: 36.4mm
- Seat: WTB Silverado Pro
- Shifters: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Handlebar: Santa Cruz AM Carbon Flat 780mm
- Stem: Easton Haven 55mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Lock-on
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RSC w/ 180mm Centerline rotors
- Pedals: N/A
- Intended Use: XC/Trail/Enduro
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Internal carbon tubes ensure precise and hassle-free routing of derailleur and seat post cables