V10 handling at Syndicate speeds
The Nomad's reputation is built on consistently pushing the envelope of how DH a bike can get while still remaining usable on most trails. With each iteration, Santa Cruz nudge's the travel and geometry further towards the outer limits, and each time they surprise everyone at just how completely rideable the end result remains.
The fourth generation design sees a dramatic shift to the lower-link mounted shock configuration. This is the first time that learnings from years of V10 development have translated across to one of their trail bikes.
The shock rate is now almost completely linear—which means feather-light small bump sensitivity right off the bat, a supportive midstroke and overall progression that you'd normally only experience on a DH bike. To keep the gravity vibe going they've ensured the Nomad can run both standard metric coil shocks and lighter air units to suit any preference.
Full shock compatibility creates challenges when trying to cram everything into the precious bottom bracket area. But the continued evolution of Santa Cruz's carbon tech means they're able to create a svelte, strong, swingarm/front triangle combo that's as much art as it is engineering.
Santa Cruz engineers even managed to squeeze in a flip-chip feature on the lower link too. Think of the high setting as "regular", the way the bike's mostly meant to be ridden, and the low setting as being closer to full on DH status.
To handle all this new-found capability, the geometry has adapted too. It's longer and lower-slung than ever to ensure maximum stability and confidence on absolutely everything.
The whole package is crowned with a raft of subtle yet essential details. Bolt-on downtube protectors and shuttle guards act as a helmet for your frame—a replaceable front line against abuse. An integrated shock fender has also been added to keep crud out of the suspension.
- Wheel Size: 27.5"
- Frame Material: Carbon C
- Rear Shock: Rock Shox Super Deluxe Air R
- Rear Susp. Travel: 170mm
- Rear Shock Size: 230mm x 60mm
- Rear Shock Hardware Size:
Top - 20mm x 8mm
Bottom - 30mmx8mm
- Rear Axle Standard: 12x148mm
- Fork: Rock Shox Lyrik RC 170mm
- Fork Axle: 15x110mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 Integrated Headset
- Headset Standard: IS41/IS52mm
- Wheelset: e13 TRS 32H rims / Novatec D641/D642 hubs
- Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF 3C EXO TR 2.5" front / Minion DHR II EXO TR 2.4" rear
- Crankset: SRAM GX Eagle w/32T chainring
- Chainguide: e13 upper guide with bash
- ISCG Tabs: I-'05
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP Team
- BB Standard: 73mm threaded
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle
- Front Der.: N/A
- Front Der. Mount: N/A
- Rear Der.: SRAM GX Eagle
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 Eagle 10-50T
- Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth 1X
- Seatpost Dia.: 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp: Santa Cruz bolt-on
- Seat Clamp Dia: 36.4mm
- Seat: WTB Volt Race
- Shifters: SRAM GX Eagle
- Handlebar: Race Face Aeffect R 780mm wide / 20mm rise
- Stem: Race Face Aeffect R 50mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale
- Brakes: SRAM Code R
- Pedals: N/A
- Intended Use: Freeride / Mini DH
- Warranty: Lifetime
- 170mm VPP™ suspension
- Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Bolt-on shuttle guard and downtube protector
- Collet axle pivots lock in place without pinch bolts
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Forged upper and lower links
- Full carbon frame and swingarm
- Internal carbon tubes ensure precise and hassle-free routing of derailleur and seat post cables
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protection
- Recessed lower link protected from rock strikes
- Single grease port on lower link for swift and easy maintenance