The DH version of the Maxxis Shorty was an instant favorite among Maxxis' World Cup DH racers. The single-ply version offers trail riders the same traction in a much lighter package. All trail versions of the Shorty feature Tubeless Ready casing and 3C MaxxTerra compound. EXO sidewall protection is available as an option for each size. The downhill version features a dual ply casing, a non-folding wire bead, and the 3C MaxxTerra compound.
- High volume casing
- Large aggressive lugs for improved mud shedding
- Works great as a front and/or rear tire.
- EXO casing: A pinch-flat resistant casing, fairly light-duty.
- MaxxGrip: Maxxis' tackiest compound for ultimate traction, but it wears the quickest. Best for wet conditions.
- MaxxTerra: A slightly firmer compound compared to MaxxGrip. Good for damp/dry conditions.
- DH: Dual-ply non-folding casing for maximum durability and protection.