When it comes to braking power and control, the folks at SRAM believe in freedom and options. There should be an absolute best solution for every type of rider and every kind of ride and that there really isn’t a one-size-fits-most when it comes to brakes. That’s the concept that led SRAM to the development of Level, a new brake designed for the needs of modern cross-country and trail riders.
Level puts the same proven SRAM brake technology used on the 2015 Downhill World Championship-winning bike into a smaller, lighter-weight package. Braking power and modulation are optimized by matching DirectLink™ lever design with authoritative 2-piston calipers. Reach adjusters are hidden from outside elements, giving the entire package a clean, confident look.
Level TLM puts proven SRAM braking performance and consistency at your fingertips, in a sleek, lightweight design optimized specifically for cross-country and light trail use. Power and modulation are delivered via the Level TLM’s alloy lever blade, DirectLink™ actuation, DOT 5.1 fluid and our new two-piston, monoblock caliper. The design provides superior heat management for consistent, fade-free performance all day long, and BLEEDING EDGE™ technology makes maintenance incredibly simple.
|Lever Reach Adjust:||Yes|
|Pad Contact Adjust:||Yes|
|Shifter Compatibility:||SRAM Matchmaker X|
|Reversible Lever Body:||Yes|
- SRAM’s DirectLink lever design produces a solid, positive feel the second you squeeze the lever to engage the brake It offers a no-nonsense solution to give you precise control.
- DOT 5.1 brake fluid provides fade-free performance
- SRAM’s expandable bladder brake lever design includes a reshaped bladder that helps regulate and reduce air bubbles.
- The piggyback brake fluid reservoir on SRAM’s latest lever design is optimized for both performance and ease of use. The PiggyBack Reservoir offers a simple, failsafe way to manage brake fluid, and also allows for ambidextrous lever placement
- A hydraulic brake’s timing port is the connection between the reservoir and the master cylinder bore. When the lever is squeezed, a cup seal passes this area and closes the port, which pressurizes the system. SRAM’s new timing port closure system features durable seals and an ultra-smooth cylinder bore finish, producing dependable braking power and consistency.
- Save weight and clutter on the bar with Matchmaker. It holds SRAM trigger shifters, and various RockShox controls, all with one tidy, light, clamp--a dream come true for handlebar component footprint conservationists.
Reviews / Q&A