Troy Lee had no reason to create the D3. Their legendary D2 still sets the benchmark for bicycle helmet protection and style, and despite the spate of full-face helmets now available, the D2 remains the helmet-you-want-if-someone-else-is-buying. Until now, that is. With the release of the D3, Troy Lee has left all the other helmet manufacturers in the dust. Just a bit heavier than the D2 Carbon, the D3 keeps you safer. Although it's not rated for motorized use, legend has it that it's not the lack of impact resistance that keeps it from getting a DOT rating, it's the vents, which aren't allowed on a DOT-approved helmet. Having one of the few helmets with a real, structural, impact-resistant chinbar should make you feel nice and cozy in your protective skull-cocoon.
D3 means comfort and protection with a capital D. The deep channeling in the foam liner moves unheard-of amounts of air across your head. New sweat-wicking foam fit pads keep your skin dry and your face cushioned. Even though the D3 has a bigger profile than the D2, it's faster, having been aerodynamically engineered to mitigate the effects of it's size.
- Technologically advanced aerospace carbon fiber shell construction
- Inner dual-density shock pad system helps absorb smaller impacts, withstands multiple hits and add greater durability for the single impact absorbing EPS liner
- Removable and washable comfort liner with Coolmax® and Dri-Lex® materials
- Corrosion resistant titanium D-ring chin strap fastener for superior strength
- Fully adjustable visor for custom height placement
- Machined titanium visor screws for reduced weight
- D3 helmet bag and 2 D3 color-matching visors included