Forbidden Bike Co.
Forbidden Bike Co. Druid V2 MX Frame
A new brew of high pivot witchcraft: the Forbidden Druid V2 has been refined from the top down. Running 130mm of "Trifecta" high-pivot suspension, the V2 has a more supple feel at the top of its travel, maintains a supportive mid stroke that lets you chase away your demons, and becomes more progressive at the end stroke so you can push harder than you ever thought a 130mm travel bike would let you.
It became evident early on that people were riding the V1 harder than it was originally designed for, so the V2 incorporates a half degree slacker head tube angle (now 65 degrees), a 10mm longer reach, and a ~30mm longer wheelbase. These are all distributed proportionally, thanks to Forbidden-exclusive weight-balanced frame sizing, which not only offers different seat tube angles depending on the frame size, but scales the entire rear triangle so that different size riders experience the same dialed-in weight distribution.
The attention to detail that brings us proportional sizing is given to all areas of the frame. Unlike the V1, the new suspension layout never requires more than a normal length chain, and the new swing-arm is fully protected to make it completely quiet. The new pivot in the seatstay and the new linkage design allow for reduced pedal kickback while descending and increased traction while climbing, all while gaining efficiency and avoiding a lower chain-guide. Whereas the first Druid was known for its ground-hugging characteristics and all-out speed, the V2 introduces an element of playfulness that the critics of Forbidden's 100% rearward axle path wouldn't have thought possible.
A bike that offers all the pop and acceleration that come from shorter travel, while offering the stability and bump-eating capacity that Forbidden's high-pivot witchcraft offers, the new Druid is a truly revolutionary design. Build up yours custom in our bike builder, and taste Forbidden's high-pivot witchcraft.
NOTE: This is the mixed wheel (MX) Druid frame.
- V2 Frame Layout: The new Druid moves to an inverted four-bar suspension design, removing the need for a lower chain guide while helping decrease frame weight.
- Hardware: The new forged V2 Rate Control Linkage uses locking collet axles and oversized bearings for easy maintenance and dependability.
- New Idler Pulley: The re-designed 18-tooth steel idler uses a solid lube bearing to ensure longevity.
- Transmission Compatible: UDH equipped and fully compatible with SRAM’s new Transmission drivetrain.
- Large Water Bottles For All: Every frame size, including small, fits a 26oz bottle.
- Frame Protection: Completely wrapped chain and seat stays result in an incredibly quiet ride, and update seals and bearing covers help keep your pivots running smoothly for longer.
- Moto-brake Compatible: Route your cables and brake hoses however you want (even moto-style) without a mess at your handlebars.
- Accessory Mount: Two bolts under the top tube make it easy to attach tools, a spare tube, and more.
|Wheel Size:||Mixed: 29" front/27.5" rear|
|Front Suspension Travel:||150mm|
|Rear Suspension Travel:||130mm|
|Rear Shock:||Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate|
|Rear Shock Size:||185mm x 55mm|
|Rear Shock Hardware:||30x8mm Lower | Trunnion Upper|
|Rear Axle Width:||12x148mm Boost|
|BB Standard:||73mm BSA|
|ISCG Tabs:||ISCG '05 2-Bolt|
|Brake Mount Type:||Post-Mount 180mm|
|Max Rear Rotor Size:||203mm|
|Minimum Chainring Size:||28T|
|Maximum Chainring Size:||52mm Chain Line: S1: 30T S2: 32T S3: 34T S4: 36T | 55mm Chain Line: S1: 32T S2: 34T S3: 36T S4: 38T|
|Maximum Tire Size:||Recommended: 2.4". Some tires up to 2.5" will work. Should a desired tire option foul on the swingarm, remove it immediately. Exceeding recommended tire widths will void your warranty.|
|Seat Post Diameter:||31.6mm|
|Seat Clamp Diameter:||34.9mm|
|Water Bottle Cage Mounts:||One on downtube + one accessory mount on top tube|
|Warranty:||5 year warranty against defects in workmanship and materials|
Specs subject to change without notice. Please check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date information.
mm / inches
cm / ft
|Rider Height (cm)||158 - 168||168 - 178||178 - 188||188 - 198|