OneUp Components EDC Top Cap
The OneUp Components EDC Cap Kit includes a very light headset top cap (5g), and an EDC steerer plug with drain hole, which keeps crud out. You will need to tap your steer tube with the EDC Tap kit (not included) to use this top cap system. Top caps are compatible with all 1-1/8" aluminum steerer tubes.
The EDC steerer plug is required for EDC tool storage and is compatible with most aluminum tapered steerer tubes. Check OneUp's fork compatibility guide to determine if your fork will work.
These instructions assume you have already tapped your steer tube with the EDC Tap Kit
- You need a minimum of 5mm of headset spacer above the stem and your steerer tube should be 1-2mm below the top of this spacer.
- Apply a small amount of grease to your newly cut thread and screw in your new EDC top cap.
- The Top Cap interface uses a standard cassette lockring tool. You do not need to apply much torque as you are only preloading the bearings. (Your stem pinch bolts are what holds your fork in place). The EDC multitool contains a top cap tightening tool. So even when riding you always have the ability to tighten your headset if need be.
- Align your stem and tighten your stem bolts to the manufacturers recommended torque.
- The final step is to insert the plastic bung/plug into the bottom of your fork. Turn your 8mm hex sideways and use it to push the plug into the fork by pulling the 8mm towards your chest. This piece holds the bottom of the EDC Tool and stops it from rattling. It also keeps dirt out of your fork and has a small drain hole.
- EDC TOP CAP
- EDC steerer plug
- 2x 1mm, 3mm, & 5mm Headset Spacers
Reviews / Q&A