Oval chainrings provide an efficiency benefit and smoother power output. With this, you will experience the benefits of better traction, especially with technical climbing, and faster acceleration.
Wolf Tooth Components' proprietary design has ovality of 10% and timing of 112° after TDC (top dead center). These values provide the benefits of an oval ring without the drawbacks of greater ovality or more aggressive timing.
The simplest way to explain how they "feel" is that where your pedal stroke is weakest it feels like you have a 2 teeth less on the chainring and where you have the most power it feels like you have 2 more teeth. They feel this way because with the radius of the chainring constantly changing, the torque needed to turn the cranks is constantly changing to better match your power output. Example: a 34t chainring feels like a 32t in the weak part of your pedal stroke and a 36t in the part of the stroke where your legs have the most power.
These chainrings are compatible with any Race Face Cinch crankset
- Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Mount: Cinch Direct Mount
- Offset: 6mm (for 12x142mm bikes)
- Chainline: 49mm
- Warranty: 1 year
- Design and manufactured in Minneapolis, MN USA
- Nominal position has the white line aligned with the crank arm
- Chainline 49mm for 26-34t, 51mm for 36t (additional chainstay clearance)