Hope Pro 5 E-Bike 12x148mm Boost 32H Rear Hub
The Hope Pro 5 culminates 30+ years of experience in hub manufacturing. While its predecessor, the Pro 4, was known for its reliable construction, the Pro 5 builds on this with improvements throughout, offering the right balance between speed of pick-up, load capacity, durability, and drag.
Hope prioritized reducing drag in the drive mechanism by utilizing a zero-drag labyrinth seal and an improved ratchet and pawl system with new springs. The Pro 5 features an increase in the points of engagement (from 44 to 54 for the E-Bike version ) using an offset 6-pawl freehub design, where six pawls are engaged at any time. This achieves the right balance between speed of pick-up, load capacity, drag & durability. Externally, the shell takes a new profile to add stiffness without adding weight while housing a new axle design, enabling the use of bigger bearings in a better arrangement to fit the latest freehub standards whilst increasing load capacity.
The Pro 5 is fully serviceable and rebuildable with simple tools, or if you need to change drivetrain standards, one hub works with everything. So swapping freehubs is easily done, and changing end caps to suit different frame and fork axle standards future-proofing your wheels.
Anodizing: All hub brands we sell offer at least one anodized color, and although they use purpose-built anodizing labs, there can be variations in color due to the nature of the electrochemical process. As such, we cannot guarantee that your hubs will match in color exactly as pictured on our website. If we notice a significant difference in a pair of hubs you order, we will contact you to discuss a resolution. If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message.
- Specially tailored to handle the added stress of E Bikes
- Improved sealing to stop dirt ingress and to reduce drag
- New Labyrinth seal has zero drag for incredible freewheeling performance
- New Pawls/Springs design to increase longevity, load capacity & a reduction of drag
- 54 points of engagement with 6 pawls engage simultaneously for increased durability
- Wire cut pawls from high strength steel for maximum strength
- New step down axle design for a stiffer more durable freehub
- New hub body profile for increased stiffness without adding weight
- Fully serviceable and rebuildable with simple tools
- Steel freehub bodies in Microspline, HG and XD
- End spacers can be easily swapped to suit different frame and axle standards
|Axle Configuration:||12x148mm Boost|
|Drive Shell Material:||Aluminum|
|Driver Options:||SRAM XD, Shimano HyperGlide (HG), Shimano MicroSpline|
|Bearing Type:||Stainless Steel Sealed Cartridge|
Specs subject to change without notice. Please check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date information.