The trail version of the Maxxis Minion DHR II features the same tread pattern as its downhill counterpart, but uses a single-ply casing to reduce weight. With side knobs borrowed from the legendary Minion DHF, but widened to provide more support, the DHR II corners like no other. The center tread features ramped knobs to improve acceleration and sipes to create a smooth transition when leaning the bike. Paddle-like knobs on the center tread dig in under hard braking and help keep the bike under control. Pair it with a Minion DHF up front for the ultimate aggressive trail riding tire combo!
- High volume casing
- Excellent braking traction
- EXO casing: A pinch-flat resistant casing, fairly light-duty.
- MaxxGrip: Maxxis' tackiest compound for ultimate traction, but it wears the quickest. Best for wet conditions.
- MaxxTerra: A slightly firmer compound compared to MaxxGrip. Good for damp/dry conditions.
- Dual: The firmest compound, better for dry conditions. Longest life, but reduced traction, especially in the wet.
- Single: A basic, cost effective compound. Longer lasting, ideal for dry conditions.
- DH: Dual-ply non-folding casing for maximum durability and protection.