Wolf Tooth Components
Wolf Tooth Components WT-1 Chain Lube - 2oz
WT-1 Chain Lube is a premium synthetic chain lubricant and a drivetrain treatment for all conditions in the same bottle. It cleans and protects chains while improving overall mechanical efficiency of a drivetrain. This allows cyclists to have just WT-1 Chain Lube on hand, instead of separate dry chain lube, wet chain lube, chain cleaner, and drivetrain treatment. As a synthetic chain lubricant, WT-1 will improve the mechanical efficiency of your drivetrain while lasting 3-5x longer than most other chain lubes because it binds so well with chains.
As a drivetrain treatment, WT-1 will clean your chain by pushing dirt and debris to the surface where it can be wiped away, then it will protect your chain in all riding conditions and allow you to ride longer between applications.
- Cleans, lubricates, and protects chains
- Peak performance in all conditions
- Optimal choice for complex modern drivetrains
- Easy to use. Quick to apply.
- Also works on other places of your bike, including hubs, cables, and pulley wheels
Ease of use is important in selecting a chain lubricant and chain treatment. The complete application process of WT-1 Chain Lube takes less than a minute and there is no need to clean your chain before getting started.
Here’s how to begin using WT-1 Chain Lube:
- Shake bottle of WT-1 for 30 seconds. A ball bearing is present in every bottle to help mix things up.
- Apply one drop to each roller of your chain. We recommend applying WT-1 Chain Lube to the top side of your chain between your derailleur and chainring, just in front of that lower pulley wheel.
- Backpedal 20-30 times. This helps WT-1 Chain Lube find its way between all the pieces of your chain.
- Wipe chain with microfiber cloth until it appears clean with a light sheen. It'll look extra dirty at first, then it will clear up as you wipe away that dirt.
- Ride your bike. Reapply at least once every 400 miles.
After your first couple applications, you’ll notice that your chain looks extra dirty following your first few rides. This means that WT-1 Chain Lube is working because that detergent-like additive has made its way into the gaps and crevices of your chain and is actively pushing out dirt, grease, and debris. You’ll want to wipe down your chain after those first few rides to remove chain contaminants. As you ride more and more, you’ll see WT-1 get into its stride and your chain will be clean, silent, and efficient.
Beyond the chain, WT-1 Chain Lube will improve overall mechanical efficiency of drivetrains and can be used on other moving pieces of a bike, including pulley wheels, hubs, cables, and more. Be sure to wipe away any excess chain lube after applying to other areas of your bike.